Image via Wikipedia
I’ve been a believer in supplements for over 30 years. I’ve had some issues though. My struggle has been with stress. PTSD has dominated my life from the age of 16 on. Progressively it got worse and worse, but recently I’ve had a breakthrough that has been remarkable.
I recently heard that Double X vitamins are the finest quality organically grown, phytonutrient-rich, multi-vitamin on the market. Phytonutrients are the natural nutrients found in plants. They offer broad antioxidant protection and provide many other heath benefits.
I’ve been taking these for about 2 weeks now. For the first week, I was a little confused because my energy level was not up to par. Then for the past few days I’ve had a steady supply of energy.
Yesterday, I felt great. I knew I would have extra activities that I would need an extra boost of energy for, so I complimented my supplements with an XS energy drink. 4900% DV (daily value) of B12 went into my body. Then something unusual and scary happened. I went downstairs to get into my truck and saw that it had been broken into! Normally this would have thrown me for a loop. The tears would have started flowing and it would have ruined my day. But not yesterday! I think I hit on something, finally that can beat the PTSD thing! I DIDN’T EVEN MISS A BEAT! Did it upset me? Yes. But I didn’t go into a total freak out! That’s what’s amazing.
I can not accurately tell you that these are the answers to PTSD nor would I suggest that they are. I can only tell you that this iw what I personally experienced and these are the products that I am using. Anyone who struggles with PTSD knows how vulnerable you feel under stress. Yesterday I felt like Super Woman! To me this is enough credence to begin some further investigation. I just got so excited I wanted to share.
Vision is a very powerful tool in helping us realize our future .
I’ve come to understand that what we focus on we empower. God gave me a revelation one day that showed me just what vision does to us. He showed me a horizontal line with a dot on the left end and a dot in the middle and a dot on the right end. He than told me that the left dot represents all past, sin, sickness and sorrow in my life. The middle dot represents now/present. The right dot represents future, faith, His promises, health and prosperity. Then he showed me as we stand in our present we have a choice to make. We can either focus on our past and it will pull that past into our present and if we allow it, it will destroy our future. OR… if we will trust Him and focus on His promises of our future and stand in faith, that reality is what will manifest in our present and will continue on to completely destroy our past!
So you decide… what is your vision going to bring into your present?
Image via Wikipedia
1. Eat on a BLUE plate and with a BLUE place mat. Color is powerful. Blue suppresses appetite. Red and yellow increase appetite.
2. Drinking ice water instead of room temperature water actually burns 9.4 more calories per glass! If you are consuming a healthy 8-8oz glasses a day that adds up to 74 calories per day and a whopping 7.7 pounds per week!
3. Sit on an exercise ball instead of a desk chair while at your computer. The isometric movements you make if you sit there for minutes or even hours a day will work your core and quickly slim your waistline!
4. Drink a glass of water 5 minutes before eating a meal. It will cause you to eat far less plus it helps with your daily water intake.
5. Breakfast. Eat a substantial one. 400-600 healthy calories. That means lean meat, eggs (or preferably egg whites) and vegetables. Not high fat or high sugar foods. This will sustain your energy level throughout the day and you won’t be as likely to do a lot of unhealthy snacking.
6. Eat 6 times a day. Small low glycemic meals. This stabilizes your blood sugar and insulin levels causing you to have no hunger and no cravings, sleep better and have tons of energy.
7. Instead of coffee in the afternoon eat a combination of low fat meat and low glycemic vegetables. This will give you an energy boost like no other. You can rock your world and get many “brownie” points with the boss by implementing this strategy because everyone else will be going through their afternoon slump and you will be actually getting things done!
8. Walk to a different floor at work using the stairs to use the bathroom 3-4 times a day. You would be surprised at the amount of calories you can burn in a week by doing this. Also, you get to see people you don’t normally see. It’s a win-win.
9. Park further away from the building. You will notice your energy level increase within a few days if you do this.
10. Get online before going out. Find out what the menu is and plan ahead or even call ahead to eat the way you need to when you get there. You will find this to enable you to be stronger and not make emotional eating choices or be influenced by your peers and what they are ordering.
Change your habits and implement these simple things one at a time. Even if it’s taking one at a time for 10 weeks. After the 12 week you will notice… and so will others. Then pay it forward when they start asking. Let them know what you have been doing. Start a group or network of people doing these things. How popular you will be when they start seeing the results themselves!
Image via Wikipedia
My youngest son was a picky eater as a child. I felt so inadequate at times being a single mom and broke. I did everything I could to feed my kids right. I took advantage of every program available to me that would put food on the table for my children. But no matter what I tried, I just could hardly ever get him to eat.
As I found things that he liked I made sure that was a part of his diet often. This helped some, but he was tiny and the doctor and I were worried. One night, I’ll never forget… I made spaghetti for the fist time in a long time. He must have been starving and really liked it because at the age of 4 he ate 4 plates of it! HE WANTED MORE! I looked at his belly and I thought it was going to burst! Something in that spaghetti worked. To this day, I don’t know why he chose that.
I tried everything with this kid. Finally I was able to “hide” enough nutrients in the things that he did like to get him healthy and he grew up to be a healthy strong man. Then he had a son.
I don’t know if it’s something in the genes or what… but I bet you can guess. Yup… same exact thing. My grand son is 6 years old and tiny. We are a bit concerned about his eating habits. Oh he has no problem eating sweets! Not at all. It’s anything nutritious that you put in front of him that he seems to reject. So I just found out that the program I’m on for weight loss can actually benefit kids like this as well! The meal replacement (some of which taste like candy bars ,milkshakes and cheese puffs) can be given to kids as healthy snacks! They are packed with protein and vitamins that will sustain a positive and even energy in kids instead of giving them a spike in their insulin levels, hyping them out and making them crash hard and causing them to be cranky!
I’m so excited to have found this out and definitely will be getting with Mom and Dad to try it with him. Stay tuned for the update!