Image via Wikipedia
Nana’s Kahlua Chocolate Mega Power Muffins
This recipes definitely satisfies the need for chocolate! Put some fat-free cream cheese sweetened with a little Splenda or stevia, some peanut butter or a dab of fat-free sugar-free chocolate or butterscotch pudding on top for a real special treat! Try them with your kids next time you want to make them a healthy alternative to chocolate cup cakes!
3 cups <a title=”Soy Protein Powder” href=”Bob’s Red Mill Isolated Soy Protein Powder, 14-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)“>soy protein powder
3/4 cup <a title=”Hershey’s Natural Unsweetened Cocoa” href=”Hershey’s Cocoa, Natural Unsweetened, 8-Ounce Cans (Pack of 6)“>Hersey’s Natural unsweetened cocoa
3/4 cup <a title=”Milled Flax Seed” href=”Bob’s Red Mill Organic Flaxseed Meal, 16-Ounce Packages (Pack of 4)” target=”_blank”>milled flax-seed
1 1/4 cup <a title="Sugar-free Kahlua Coffee Syrup” href=”DaVinci Gourmet Classic Sugar Free Syrup, Kahlua, 25.4-Ounce Bottles (Pack of 3)” target=”_blank”>sugar-free Kahlua Coffee syrup
6 tsp <a title=”Aluminum-free Baking Powder” href=”Bob’s Red Mill Aluminum Free Baking Soda — 16 oz” target=”_blank”>aluminum free baking powder
1 1/4 cup water
1 1/2 cups liquid egg whites
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray muffin tin. In large mixing bowl add all ingredients and mix well. Fill each muffin cup to just below the top and bake for 20 minutes. Makes 12 muffins. Each muffin (without any extras topping it off ) has 111 calories, 1 g carb, 18 g protein, 5 g fiber, 2 g monounsaturated fat, (8,000 epicatechin & 12,000 Omega-3 lignan antioxidants)
These muffins are delightful. My husband loves them. They remind me of chocolate pudding cake. Enjoy!
Image via Wikipedia
1. Eat on a BLUE plate and with a BLUE place mat. Color is powerful. Blue suppresses appetite. Red and yellow increase appetite.
2. Drinking ice water instead of room temperature water actually burns 9.4 more calories per glass! If you are consuming a healthy 8-8oz glasses a day that adds up to 74 calories per day and a whopping 7.7 pounds per week!
3. Sit on an exercise ball instead of a desk chair while at your computer. The isometric movements you make if you sit there for minutes or even hours a day will work your core and quickly slim your waistline!
4. Drink a glass of water 5 minutes before eating a meal. It will cause you to eat far less plus it helps with your daily water intake.
5. Breakfast. Eat a substantial one. 400-600 healthy calories. That means lean meat, eggs (or preferably egg whites) and vegetables. Not high fat or high sugar foods. This will sustain your energy level throughout the day and you won’t be as likely to do a lot of unhealthy snacking.
6. Eat 6 times a day. Small low glycemic meals. This stabilizes your blood sugar and insulin levels causing you to have no hunger and no cravings, sleep better and have tons of energy.
7. Instead of coffee in the afternoon eat a combination of low fat meat and low glycemic vegetables. This will give you an energy boost like no other. You can rock your world and get many “brownie” points with the boss by implementing this strategy because everyone else will be going through their afternoon slump and you will be actually getting things done!
8. Walk to a different floor at work using the stairs to use the bathroom 3-4 times a day. You would be surprised at the amount of calories you can burn in a week by doing this. Also, you get to see people you don’t normally see. It’s a win-win.
9. Park further away from the building. You will notice your energy level increase within a few days if you do this.
10. Get online before going out. Find out what the menu is and plan ahead or even call ahead to eat the way you need to when you get there. You will find this to enable you to be stronger and not make emotional eating choices or be influenced by your peers and what they are ordering.
Change your habits and implement these simple things one at a time. Even if it’s taking one at a time for 10 weeks. After the 12 week you will notice… and so will others. Then pay it forward when they start asking. Let them know what you have been doing. Start a group or network of people doing these things. How popular you will be when they start seeing the results themselves!